Some of the week's hottest news reads on Food Dive dealt with food products that went extinct but somehow managed to get back on grocery aisles. In addition to our feature on the topic, Wonder bread, Drake's Cakes and Yuengling's Ice Cream all made headlines with news about their new leases on life.
Check out all of those posts, as well as some innovations we spotted on the floor at Pack Expo at the links below.
- 'Natural' food labels: They're confusing for consumers, and this why: The FDA remains on the sidelines over what's natural right now, but is something about to change?
- Google buys a Gatorade plant: PepsiCo will take a loss as it sells its Oklahoma Gatorade plant to the Internet search giant.
- 3 food packaging trends you can't ignore at Pack Expo 2013: What do food companies want right now? The writing is on the wall—and the pouches displayed in Las Vegas this week.
- The 4 coolest food packaging innovations we saw at Pack Expo on Monday: Check out what we found. We've got photos and video of a few smart portability and storage solutions.
- 6 canceled food products that came back with a vengeance: Companies tried to kill these famous names from our childhoods. But in the end, these products returned from the grave.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!