Chobani's confrontation with a U.S. Air Force ban over one of its Greek yogurt products turned out to be the highest-profile news piece of the week on Food Dive. We've got the info you need to know on why hemp seeds became an issue and what Chobani ultimately decided to do.
Meanwhile, if you missed our looks at trends emerging from recent earnings reports or food startups that are trying to shake up packaging, check out the links below before you kick off your Labor Day break. You'll be better informed after doing so.
- Packaging innovations: 5 food startups thinking outside of the box: Bored with the same old boxes and can enclosures? Check out what a few young companies are doing to shake up food packaging.
- Update: Chobani removing yogurt ingredient following Air Force ban: The Air Force has singled out a key ingredient included with Chobani's Blueberry Power Flip packets, citing its anti-drug policy.
- 5 food industry trends no one should ignore: Recent earnings reports show developments in beverages, breakfast and pork that companies have been forced to confront.
- Goya's secret path to success in the U.S. market: Ever wondered how Goya rose to grocery store prominence? A new profile tells its story and where the company's priorities are at.
- Food fraud's most vulnerable ingredients: A USP rep explains what to look out for, based on reported food fraud incidents in the organization's database.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!