Blue Bell shutters all creameries
- Following listeria illnesses connected to its ice cream, Blue Bell is shutting down all its three creameries for intensive cleaning and worker training, according to the Associated Press.
- The creameries will be shuttered next week and potentially the week after, with ice cream made this week used as a test and data collecting tool, not to go on sale.
- The company recalled all its products earlier this week.
It's been quite a week for recalls in the food industry, one that is still leaving many scratching heads.
The CDC's Dr. Robert Tauxe said the listeria outbreak connected to Blue Bell marks a "wakeup call" for ice cream producers.
- Associated Press via Food Manufacturing Blue Bell Closing All 3 Creameries for Training, Cleaning
- Associated Press via CBS News Mystery surrounds 2 listeria-linked ice cream recalls