- A new study published in Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research looks at the most popular brands consumed by more than 1,000 underage drinkers in the U.S., and Bud Light turned out to be most popular with 27.9% drinking it and a 6.4% market share.
- Lead author Michael Siegel, a professor at Boston University's School of Public Health, hopes that the study's results will lead to brand focus for public health measures.
- Here are the six brands most drunk by the survey's respondents:
- Bud Light—27.9%
- Smirnoff malt beverages—17%
- Smirnoff vodkas—12.7%
- Coors Light—12.7%
- Jack Daniel's Bourbon—11.4%
From the article:
Bud Light, Smirnoff malt beverages and Budweiser were the brands most widely consumed by by 1000+ underage US drinkers over a 30-day period, according to the authors of a new study who claim to be the first to assess nationwide data. ...