Consumers looking for big Butterball turkeys may have to search a little harder than normal. A reported turkey shortage rattled the food world this week, alongside a $2.76 billion resolution in Starbucks and Kraft's coffee disagreement. Those stories and our own look at the world's greatest vodka bottle designs grabbed the most interest over the last few days. Find out why at the links below:
- Trans fat bans: Which food brands have the most to lose?: Now that the FDA has finally gotten around to banning trans fats, it raises the question: Who is still using that stuff anyway?
- Butterball turkey shortage reported ahead of Thanksgiving: The shortage affects large fresh turkeys, though plenty of alternatives should still be available.
- Arbitrator: Starbucks owes Mondelez $2.76 billion after Kraft dispute: A lot of people must be smiling in the Mondelez offices this week.
- The 15 coolest vodka bottle designs that aren’t Absolut: The flashiest vodka brands on the market don't just want to sell spirits—they want consumers to believe they're purchasing works of art.
- 4 Kroger predictions: Will it actually take over the world?: Kroger is sitting on top of the supermarket space—rolling in revenue, its stock price soaring. What's next? And what could go wrong?
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!