Suntory's move to buy GlaxoSmithKline's drink brands $2.1 billion made waves this week, and it accompanied a handful of Food Dive features on our site's most read posts of the week list.
If you've been looking for food and beverage retailer rankings or want to take an honest look at some of the worst brand mascots the food industry has produced, catch up at the links below. We'll send you into the weekend a little wiser.
- 10 pumpkin products that prove this flavor is everywhere: From M&M's to Kahlua, pumpkin spice has expanded its reach far beyond Starbucks, and it's not stopping.
- The worst food mascots of all time: At best, these characters were creepy, but the worst of them were downright repelling for their brands.
- The top 10 U.S. retailers for food and beverage sales right now: See how Albertsons, Kroger and Walmart stack up. Do any of these numbers surprise you?
- Suntory to pay $2.1B for GlaxoSmithKline's drink brands: The Japanese company is getting serious about expanding its business interests across the globe.
- Is the soup can dead?: Take a look at Campbell and Hain Celestial, and you can see that big bets for packaging are being placed elsewhere.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!