- General Mills' Progresso Soup announced Thursday that it would roll out a new line of five Artisan soups at U.S. food retailers along the East Coast.
- The read-to-serve options will come in Tetra Pak cartons, representing Progresso's first such offering.
The five new flavors include:
- Creamy Tomato with Roasted Red Peppers
- Masala Curry Butternut Squash
- Rustic Tomato with Chicken and Dumplings
- Creamy Potato with Sausage and Kale
- Smoky White Bean and Winter Vegetables
(Image credit: PR Newswire)
Cartons are cool right now, as traditional canned soups have run up against steep competition from fresh, in-store products. Progresso will be making a play against those store-brand soups with these Artisan releases. We wonder if they have a something in mind to compete with Keurig cups as well.