Mars, Trader Joe's and Nestle showed up in the stories that Food Dive readers were checking out most this week. Mars issued a response after the company's co-owner was involved in a fatal car wreck, while Trader Joe's lost in a legal move to try and shut down a Canadian store that had been importing its products.
Get caught up on those stories and more at the links below:
- Nestle Nespresso patent gets revoked: Mondelez, no doubt, will be happy with this development.
- 5 girly food products that have been marketed to men: Diet sodas, Greek yogurt and weight-loss brands have all tried to jump over the gender gap. This is what happened.
- Mars co-owner reported to be driver in fatal accident: The company has responded following the accident, which claimed one life.
- 5 food packaging changes: Risky or brilliant?: Recent updates for big names such as Kellogg and Pepsi swapped in new boxes and bottles for old, familiar looks. Were they worth the effort?
- Judge tosses out Trader Joe's Pirate lawsuit: An American judge dismissed a lawsuit against a man who buys groceries from Trader Joe's and resells them in Canada.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!