Ready to see McDonald's in grocery stores? After formally announcing its phase-out of Heinz ketchup last week, the chain turned heads in the food industry once again with its new Kraft partnership, which will see McCafe coffee launched in grocery stores.
In other reading, chocolate was a hot topic this week. We shared some recent stats on chocolate candy preferences, and a Mar Inc. co-owner made headlines once again, following a fatal car accident several weeks ago. Catch up below on what's happening to her and why a massive beer merger may be in the cards soon.
- McDonald's, Kraft strike deal to put coffee in grocery stores: The McCafe brand will be stepping out of the international chain's restaurants and onto a lot of retail shelves.
- $100B beer merger between A-B InBev and SABMiller could happen soon: Industry watchers predict Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller appear poised to join under one roof.
- Mars co-owner charged following fatal accident: Jacqueline Badger Mars will face a reckless driving charge, and a court date has been scheduled for December.
- The top 15 chocolate candies in the U.S.: Halloween is pretty sweet if you happen to make one of these high-demand confections.
- 8 powerful families who changed the food industry: These siblings, sons and daughters have built empires with ingenuity—as well as lots of cash.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!