Some of the biggest names in food and retail had an eventful week in the news. Paula Deen stirred up controversy with her language, angering Wal-Mart and Smithfield, while new details emerged about the return date for Twinkies.
Find out what you might have missed in our readers' favorite Food Dive posts below:
- Wal-Mart dumps Paula Deen in just two sentences: In a tersely worded statement, Wal-Mart announced its relationship with the Queen of Southern comfort cuisine is over.
- Yoplait jettisons Greek yogurt ingredient: And that's just for starters. Check out what else General Mills will change.
- 5 ways Twinkies will be different on July 15: The famous Hostess colors and cakes make look the same, but much has changed since 2012.
- Facts in fiction: Hershey's ad history as seen in 'Mad Men': The Emmy-winning AMC drama's season finale got a few things right about Hershey's culture.
- Twinkies, other Hostess cakes get July date for retail shelves: The brand may be posed for a huge comeback.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!