Pack Expo 2013 is over, and the show floor is now closed. That means that if you want to see the cool food packaging innovations, industry trends and mesmerizing machinery that was on display, you'll need to look at our features from the past week to see what was going on.
Twitter can also be a great little time capsule if you want to re-live the good times that were had this year in Las Vegas. These 10 people and companies, for instance, obviously had the most fun:
1. You may not have realized it, but Pack Expo 2013 kicked off with an opening reception featuring none other than musician and '80s movie soundtrack mainstay Kenny Loggins. The Pack Gives Back reception helped raise more than $60,000 for K9s For Warriors, a group that helps match veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder with dogs.
Luckily for those unable to attend, Brian K. Gillman, the founder of Crucial Foods Inc., was there to capture the moment.
2. The concert inspired many attendees to give. In at least one case, however, it put someone in the mood to play golf.
3. The show floor features packaging products and innovations by the hundreds. Some exhibitors got so excited that they even packaged themselves.
4. And this team in the Amazing Packaging Race competition got some firsthand experience with tape technology.
5. You could even feel the excitement in this robot. Never have we seen a robot make a cheeseburger with this much energy.
6. And this guy proved that breaking down a booth can actually be relaxing.
7. And everyone at GGB obviously had a good time. But they're keeping the details to themselves.
What happens at the Pack Expo stays at the Pack Expo. #packexpo— GGBearings (@GGBearing) September 24, 2013
8. FoodProductionDaily.com named this booth crew as the best-dressed at the show.
9. And we think they looked great, but we're going to give our own best-dressed award to this woman.
10. Unfortunately, our award only consists of our congratulations in this post. If you want to see someone who actually did walk away from Pack Expo with a prize, this is Abbey, who won the Amazing Packaging Race. She got an iPad.
Congrats to RIT Packaging student Abbey Phillips on winning an iPad at the amazing pack. race!!! pic.twitter.com/l03HseGqJ8— RIT_IOPP (@RIT_IOPP) September 25, 2013
Would you like to see more food and beverage industry news and information like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter! You may also want to check out Food Dive's look at 6 canceled food products that came back with a vengeance.