- Sept. 16 is celebrated as National Guacamole Day.
- To mark the occasion, the Fresherized Foods's Wholly Guacamole brand released survey results that it obtained from a February survey of 1,214 refrigerated dip consumers between the ages of 25 and 50.
The survey found that:
- 46% of consumers reported using guacamole as a dip with veggies
- 42% used guacamole as a spread for sandwiches
- 32% used it on salad
- 31% used guacamole on hamburgers
Not only is Sept. 16 National Guacamole Day; National Spicy Guacamole Day comes on Nov. 14, according to the Hass Avocado Board. If you learn one thing about guacamole today, remember those dates.
Wholly Guacamole's survey results are interesting as well, however, since they show significant use of guac as a condiment—not just a dip. It's no wonder that Old El Paso decided to begin offering guac in squeeze bottles (at least in the U.K.).