Kroger shook up the the food retail industry this week with its bid to purchase Harris Teeter. That $2.44 billion acquisition and Hamburger Helper's new, shorter name connected with Food Dive readers this week, showing up at the top of our news rankings. Find out what happened below, and head into your weekend a little better informed.
- These are the 'Cake Faces' Twinkies fans are sharing on Twitter: Hostess gets serious with its push to re-launch the famous snack cakes.
- 3 unanswered questions in Kroger's Harris Teeter acquisition: Any one of these factors could change the food retail landscape overnight.
- Kroger to buy Harris Teeter stores for $2.44B: Kroger is ready for some serious growth.
- Hamburger Helper shortens its name, readies re-launch: General Mills explains what will change with sales losses to Kraft at stake.
- Cheese at Whole Foods recalled following death, illnesses: The recalls cover stores across more than half of the U.S.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!