This summer has seen no shortage of major companies announcing plans to ditch ingredients. Look no further than our recap of the year's biggest ingredient drops thus far to see more on that topic.
That feature, along with news about the most popular ice cream flavors in the U.S. and a look at some recent food mascot changes ranked among Food Dive readers' favorites this week. Have a look for yourself and get caught up on the state of the industry.
- 6 food mascots hit with big changes: Childhood obesity concerns and the need to stay current have driven these brands to rethink or retire their characters.
- The 5 most controversial food and bev commercials this year: These ads ranged from overblown ordeals to shocking—or shockingly brilliant, depending on your perspective.
- America's top 6 ice cream flavors: Can you guess what they are?
- 5 ingredients that big-name products ditched this year: Legal pressure and voluntary choices will change some of the most famous sodas and ice cream on the market in 2014.
- 5 food companies betting on the bug business: If insects catch on as a mainstream food option, these forward-thinkers will be ahead of the curve.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!