This week kicked off with Ferrero taking heat over a controversial ad in Germany, but Coca-Cola grabbed the spotlight by the week's end with its heated ginger ale cans in Japan.
News was lively in the U.S. as well, however, now that Campbell's soup will be available for Keurig machines. Find out what that means and who you should follow on Twitter for food news in Food Dive's most popular posts from the past few days.
- Keurig machines to brew Campbell's soup—and give it new retail placement: A new deal between Campbell Soup Co. and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. will see the latter company's Keurig machine expand beyond beverages.
- Coca-Cola's new ginger ale comes in heated cans: Four years of development resulted in a new kind of Canada Dry for the Japanese market.
- Google grabs KitKat name for new Android OS release: Now guess how much Nestlé paid to make this deal happen.
- 8 food journalists on Twitter you should follow today: These editors and reporters offer up some of the best food links and commentary that you're likely to find in the Twittersphere.
- Ferrero pulls controversial chocolate ads over racism backlash: Have a look. This TV ad was a really, really bad idea.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!