Big brands and breakfast launches became the hottest topics on Food Dive this week. General Mills caught attention with its announcement that it would bring Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy back to cereal shelves, while our look at some recent alternative breakfast products also proved to be popular.
Find out more about those stories, Coke's new herbal offering and more at the links below:
- Back from the dead: General Mills revives two famous cereals: Count Chocula will be reunited with two old monster friends on grocery store shelves this Halloween.
- Breakfast surprises: 6 products that no one saw coming this year: Breakfast is the place to be right now in supermarkets, and the drive to innovate has produced a few new takes on morning meals in 2013.
- Nestle's underperforming brands attract scrutiny: Check out which brands may be first in line to be put on sale.
- Meet Habu: Coca-Cola's new herbal drink: The Thai market has been good to Coke this year, and the company has decided to expand its offerings.
- 6 strange food facts: Famous products with weird backstories: These origin stories highlight the accidental and offbeat beginnings that led to billion-dollar food empires.
Would you like to see more food news like this in your inbox on a daily basis? Subscribe to our Food Dive email newsletter!