Who We Are:
Keystone-Pacific, LLC is a privately held, family-owned company,leading the way in utilizing a vertically integrated farm to table business model. Our organic dairy, poultry, cattle, and other farms operations, and creameries are the primary source of high-quality food products sold in our stores.
Keystone provides personnel and management services to several affiliated entities including Basics markets, Willamette Valley Cheese Company, Lulubelle's Creamery, Rock Ridge Farms, Mayfield Farms, and Aurora Organic Poultry Farms(collectively “Keystone & Affiliates”). The businesses of Keystone &Affiliates include retail store operations, dairy and poultry farms,creameries, and food innovation and development of new food products. We are anew, exciting start-up business that is growing rapidly. Keystone founder Chuck Eggert is a business leader with a history of entrepreneurial successes in both grocery and consumer product branded development, manufacturing, and distribution.
The Lead Cheesemaker produces quality dairy products with hands-on production work and leadership of Cheesemakers. This position requires precise, consistent work, sound judgment, and effective verbal and written communication.
Essential Functions: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive, productive work environment.
- Perform and direct cheese production, including documentation, quality control, continuous improvement.
- Lead, coach and train cheese making team to perform at high standards of safety, quality and teamwork.
- Perform, direct, and compose sanitation and preventive maintenance tasks.
- Perform inventory control tasks.
- Ensure safe operation and regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assigns tasks and directs production work of Cheesemakers.
- Provides job training for Cheesemakers and supports Cheesemakers as a job knowledge resource.
- Performs employee scheduling.
- Evaluates Cheesemaker candidates and contributes to hiring decisions.
Work is performed in a food production environment. The work environment described here is representative of what an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Noise level is regularly moderate to loud. Hearing protection is required. The employee is frequently exposed to hot pipes and moving mechanical parts. The employee has regular exposure to cleaning chemicals, high pressure water, and steam. The employee may be exposed to hot weather and other outdoor elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fine dexterity to manually handle and feel refrigerated and heated products. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, stand, bend, sit, kneel, squat, and twist. The employee is frequently required to reach downward and upward with hands and arms. The employee will regularly push, pull and lift objects up to 40 pounds. Close vision ability is required to perform this job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrated ability to complete precise, organized work.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to understand equipment and processes.
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate production information to managers and coworkers.
- Ability to read, compose, and execute work instructions and standards.
- Ability to understand daily production needs and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an environment with extended periods of standing, walking, climbing and lifting, and exposure to heat, cold, noise, machinery and cleaning chemicals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Relevant manufacturing experience, preferably food related.
- Ability to acquire pasteurizer operator license and other industry certifications.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Email your resume to Jon Gougar at [email protected]