At The Tofurky Company, our vision is to help create a world where animals are not used for food and people are satiated, healthy and content. We do so by leading people away from animal-based foods by offering enticing alternatives that make their transition seamless.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to assist in the Accounting department of our growing company. This role will be one of growth for the candidate who fits the criteria. This position is responsible for assisting in overseeing the accounting functions of The Tofurky Company. Areas you would be responsible for include, but are not limited to, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger and Monthly Close. You will be responsible for preparing
monthly subsidiary ledgers of balance sheet items and review and analyze revenue and expense variances. You will assist in the preparation of financial statements for internal and external stakeholders, as well as assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accounting records on a monthly basis in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the annual operating budgets.
- Participates in the development and adherence of accounting and internal control policies and systems.
- Follows and provides enhancements to internal controls necessary to safeguard assets and insure accurate reporting of financial results.
- Assist in overseeing staff in the Accounting Department and help monitor progress against stated goals and objectives, provide direction and support of staff in their endeavors, and to inform them of current or developing issues which impact their work.
- Assists in supervision to assigned staff. Assists in the preparation of performance evaluations of assigned staff and approves staff's requests for time off.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Four-year degree in accounting or business administration with an emphasis in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Experience: Three years of financial accounting experience. Moderate supervisory experience preferred.
- Job Knowledge: Work involves complex and diverse tasks and situations, as well as routine and repetitive administrative tasks. Work is reviewed by the VP of Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
- Skills: Computer skills; word processing, data entry, spreadsheets and accounting software
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role remaining seated for periods of time.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a clerical, office setting located in Hood River, Oregon. This role routinely uses
- standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Travel: This position requires limited travel.
- Other Duties: Actively supports all company sustainability initiatives.
Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
The Tofurky Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability status or otherwise qualified membership in any other class protected by applicable laws.
Visit https://tofurky.com/careers/ or contact us a [email protected] to apply.