We Are Transforming Agriculture
At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. We are a global, mission-driven company, Certified B Corporation and proud to be named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company. Our patented, award winning aeroponic technology provides the perfect conditions for healthy plants to thrive, taking indoor vertical farming to a new level of precision and productivity with minimal environmental impact and virtually zero risk. Through our retail brand Dream Greens, you can enjoy locally grown, pesticide-free produce that bursts with flavor and nutrition, all year round.
Sales & Marketing Manager/Director
- Newark, NJ
- Full Time
- Sales & Marketing
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming and fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, and we need someone special who can bring their experience in Accounting to help us grow further. Must be aligned with our mission and passionate about making a difference.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
AeroFarms is seeking a dynamic Sales & Marketing Leader who is passionate about our mission and to share our exciting AeroFarms and Dream Greens stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, and customers.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), this role will develop annual business plans, forecasts, budgets, and manage Sales & Customer Service teams. He/She will work with our customers to meet sales goals and develop account specific P&Ls; factoring in all costs of doing business such as Product Offering, Pricing Strategies, Merchandising Programs, and Distribution and Logistics
- A professional with 7+ years of relevant grocery retail and food service experience in Sales, Account Management, Category Management, and Merchandising - preferably with CPG food experience and ideally with fresh produce know-how.
- A product manager with a history of assessing competitive landscape, product positioning, product development, and ultimately how to build business cases for ongoing and new initiatives.
- A problem-solver with exceptional project management skills and ability to work well across functions including Operations, R&D, Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance to drive execution with the cognitive ability to think of approaches that others hadn’t considered.
- Known to have a strong EQ and successful track-record in building teams and growth plans for individual team members.
- Experienced with ERP, CRM, and EDI/Online Order Taking in order to own and define business requirements for these systems and to manage effectively our sales needs and customer management.
- A foodie with a background in restaurant/hospitality because food and customer experience really matters.
- Well-versed with Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated data to drive insights and strategies.
- A digital marketer with skills in social media, content management, email, and inbound marketing to be smart and efficient with connecting to our audience.