Since 1852, Ghirardelli has created a legacy of creativity that sets our company apart from our competitors. Today, our innovative heritage continues to thrive, as Ghirardelli team members of different backgrounds work together, joined by a common passion: bringing new, delicious ideas to life.
We’ve made it our priority to offer a supportive, engaging culture where our people feel valued, not simply for the skills they bring to our company, but for who they are as individuals. That’s why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work.
So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy.
Do you love the manufacturing environment, and being a part of bringing new products to life? An important link in the Operations team and a critical component for Company growth, the Contract Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading the Co-Manufacturing team, including developing and managing multiple direct reports.
The Co-Manufacturing Manager is also responsible for managing relationships with several Contract Manufacturers, for helping oversee all Co-Man operations and production processes, and for leading all Commercialization and Contractual activities. The Co-Manufacturing Manager is expected to operate as the key liaison between external suppliers and internal stakeholders, including Planning, Procurement, Quality, Finance, Marketing, and R&D. The Co-Manufacturing manager is responsible for supporting new item development from a project’s conception through commercialization and production. The Contract Manufacturing Manager must work cross functionally to identify various options for manufacturing products and recommend the optimum solution for the business.
This position, along with the Co-Manufacturing team, is responsible for ensuring supplier compliance to all Ghirardelli policies and procedures, including meeting the Production schedule and ensuring that all Production meets Ghirardelli specifications and quality requirements.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage and Develop Co-Manufacturing team
- Work with cross functional partners to review options for manufacturing existing and new products, while recommending optimum solutions for the needs of the business
- Manage internal client, timelines and provide viable alternatives for out-sourcing production
- Develop a database of potential suppliers and capabilities to use as part of future item development, or alternative supply.
- Onboard newly vetted suppliers that comply with all GCC requirements and company guidelines
- Translate conceptual requirements into working project documents that can be used to communicate with stakeholders
- Coordinate production trials, and scale up through full production
- Create and track KPIs as part of supplier scorecarding and performance management
- Manage the development of new SOPs, and monitor/improve existing processes to support and improve Co-Manufacturing operations
- Monitor and ensure sufficient supplier capacity and production attainment to limit interruptions in supply. Identify and onboard secondary suppliers, as appropriate
- Ensure new and existing suppliers comply with all company guidelines, specifications and quality requirements
- Work with Procurement to identify and implement the optimal materials sourcing strategy
- Manage exceptions and issues by identifying constraints and conducting root cause analysis followed by the coordination of corrective actions based on findings
- Negotiate and obtain optimal pricing while maintaining current costing models
- Review total cost for all supply decisions
- Negotiate favorable contract terms, and ensure all required contract documents are in place and current for all existing, new, and potential suppliers
- Manage the development of outsourced products
- Work with cross functional team to determine project timelines
- Hold stakeholders accountable for meeting deadlines
- Monitor and manage critical path for projects
- Highlight risks and opportunities in a timely manner
- Manage expectations internally(Marketing, Sales, QA/R&D & Supply Chain) and externally while holding all parties accountable for quality, timely deliverables
- Create direction and a culture of accountability for team
- Act as an active participant in the career growth and development of direct reports
- Provide timely, thorough performance feedback to direct reports
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of food industry and familiar with Co-Manufacturers in the Chocolate industry
- High familiarity with Food Safety and Production Quality requirements
- High familiarity with all production processes, including inventory control and production reporting
- Strong Internal client management skills
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to be firm and precise
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office and integrated systems (JD Edwards, SAP)
- Strong Project Management skills, including ability to lead cross functional teams and meet a set timeline
- Knowledge of product costing and manufacturing accounting
- Ability to efficiently work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to independently resolve problems and overcome hurdles
- Ability to take initiative and make an impact
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and logical thinking skills
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of production management experience.
- External Production management (Co-Manufacturing or Co-Packing) strongly preferred