Whole Foods launches first national ad campaign
- Whole Foods has launched its first national ad campaign as the retailer seeks to differentiate itself from the increasing number of competitors who now focus on selling natural and organic food.
- The campaign, which features the tag line "Values Matter," portrays Whole Foods as the leader of an industry dedicated to ethical sourcing and healthy living.
- The series of ads celebrates a number of Whole Foods innovations, including the chain's animal-welfare rating system and its sustainable seafood standards.
Whole Foods is facing some tough challenges these days. Seemingly every grocer in the country now sells the organic produce, good-for-the-planet detergents, and natural cosmetics that were the whole-wheat bread and soy butter of Whole Foods' revenue.
With this national ad campaign, Whole Foods wisely avoids the sort of price war that other retailers would win. Shopping at Whole Foods isn't cheap. And it probably never will be. But the retailer wants consumers to continue to believe that shopping there is important.
- Supermarket News Whole Foods launches national ad campaign
- USA Today/Chicago Sun Times Whole Foods tries national ads for first time
- The Shelby Report Whole Foods Market Launches First-Ever National Brand Campaign