POM Wonderful returns to TV advertising
- POM Wonderful is returning to television advertising — two years after its last campaign earned a censure from the FDA for going too far in making health claims about the brand.
- The new ads, part of a campaign dubbed "Crazy Healthy," feature pomegranate-colored creatures fighting illness-causing free radicals on behalf of consumers.
- The pomegranate juice brand also recently revamped its line of teas and began offering packages of pomegranate arils through the end of the fresh pomegranate season in January.
There's something strangely combative about POM Wonderful's attitude about marketing. Whether it was the brand's in-you-face response to the FDA or its ongoing legal battle with Minute Maid, POM seems to like a fight.
So it's not surprising that the new ads feature sword-swinging samurai, a team of archers, a club-wielding monster and, our personal favorite, a fire-breathing dragon.
- BrandChannel POM Wonderful Returns to TV with Free Radical Fighting Characters
- The Packer Pom Wonderful returns to TV