ConAgra Foods going big with auto-play video ads
- ConAgra Foods is taking advantage of Sharethrough’s new Video View Ads format.
- The in-feed native video ads can be set for silent autoplay to avoid disrupting users’ experience on publisher websites.
- ConAgra is using the new format to market its Orville Redenbacher and Reddi-wip brands.
The goal with ConAgra's first campaigns is to drive brand recognition and lift in-store sales.
“Based on the challenges in the industry [around] bots, viewability and overall bad creative, the native approach to video content provides a way to bring to life a more engaging editorial experience," Heather Dumford, global marketing director for media at ConAgra Foods, told Ad Exchanger. "Autoplay content in a feed environment aligns to the editorial approach to feeds so it feels more organic and less forced, which consumers appreciate."
Dan Greenberg, Sharethrough’s CEO, pointed out that in-feed video ads get 70% to 120% higher CPM than pre-roll inventory when directly sold, and said, “The idea is to marry text, editorial content and video, so the brand doesn’t have to rely on someone watching an entire 30-second pre-roll. You can tell a story that starts with a headline, and support that headline or introductory text with a video that quickly renders visuals or story art for the product.”
He added the in-stream native video ads offer viewers more context with headlines, descriptions and logos which offer marketers a higher level of visual branding.
- Ad Exchanger ConAgra Foods Sizes Up Sharethrough’s New Instant-Play Video Ads
- Marketing Dive 4 executives marketers should watch out for in 2015