Product Transparency A to Z: What Every Brand Must Know
New paper examines how brands can capitalize on more selective shoppers
Evolving consumer preferences, new government regulations and shrinking packaging real estate have all shaped a “product transparency” movement throughout the consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry. And this movement is being fueled by younger, tech-savvy shoppers who are less loyal to brands, and more drawn to unfiltered product information.
Product transparency is often perceived by brands as a threat, exposing them to unwanted competition and pressuring them to adopt more expensive practices. However, a new Digimarc report looks at product transparency through the lens of opportunity, as a vehicle to modernize, engage and eventually drive new customer loyalty.
Read the comprehensive report to learn about:
- Survey data on changing consumer expectations and buying preferences
- New regulations impacting packaging requirements
- The challenges of designing packaging to be both attractive and informative
- Industry initiatives like SmartLabel™ that promote product transparency
- Packaging technologies that enable digital product transparency