Since 1852, Ghirardelli has created a legacy of creativity that sets our company apart from our competitors. Today, our innovative heritage continues to thrive, as Ghirardelli team members of different backgrounds work together, joined by a common passion: bringing new, delicious ideas to life.
We’ve made it our priority to offer a supportive, engaging culture where our people feel valued, not simply for the skills they bring to our company, but for who they are as individuals. That’s why we make sure that all of our team members, even if you are new to the company, have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects and are given everything they need to do their best work.
So we invite you to explore our opportunities and discover a place where your ideas come to life, as part of our delicious legacy.
Do you have a passion for CHOCOLATE? Imagine being part of a team that brings this scrumptious product to life!
An important link in the Co-Manufacturing team, the Co-Manufacturing Project Specialist is responsible for supporting the Co-Manufacturing Manager in managing several Co-Manufacturers. This role is also responsible for supporting various contract manufacturing initiatives, including new item launches from conception through commercialization, leading cross-functional teams to define and execute co-manufacturing projects, and establishing process documents and communications for improved supplier performance against Ghirardelli specifications and requirements.
The Contract Manufacturing Project Specialist is responsible for supporting supply planning, ensuring suppliers meet required production timelines and quantities, driving performance against established KPIs, and supporting all reporting needs. This position is actively involved in leading the work to ensure new, changing, and existing items are produced to meet Ghirardelli specifications and quality requirements.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Support the development of products to be produced at Co-Manufacturers
- For the Co-Manufacturing team, coordinate engineering and production trials from feasibility through first production
- Work with cross functional team to determine project timelines, tasks, and requirements for production
- Hold cross functional, and supplier stakeholders accountable for meeting deadlines
- Document and track open issues and team decisions
- Monitor and manage the critical path for projects to ensure timelines are met
- Highlight risks and opportunities in a timely manner, and when necessary drive solutions
- Manage expectations internally and externally
- Manage suppliers to ensure timely execution against planned production needs
- Identify issues with co-manufacturing production, or processes and support work to resolve
- Plan current and future work orders based on established supply plan
- Coordinate, distribute, and ensure supplier implementation for all Ghirardelli process documents, specifications, and quality requirements
- Coordinate updates to specification and procedure manuals
- Communicate material availability for suppliers, and finished good availability for the cross functional teams
- As necessary, perform necessary reporting tasks, including production reporting, physical inventory adjustments, and receiving reporting
- Coordinate raw materials, with Procurement as needed
- Support the analysis and negotiations to define Co-Manufacturer costs and communicate to finance and business teams
- Focus on continuous improvement to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- Ensure that new products, processes, and supply networks are fully defined
- Provide necessary information and support item setup in Ghirardelli’s business systems
- Coordinate the setup of new contract manufacturers in Ghirardelli’s business systems
- Ensure suppliers comply with company guidelines and meet overall business needs
Regular and prompt attendance required
Work on other projects and tasks, as assigned
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Internal client management skills
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to be firm and precise
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office and integrated systems (JD Edwards, SAP)
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of product costing and manufacturing accounting
- Ability to efficiently work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to independently resolve problems and overcome hurdles
- Ability to take initiative and drive solutions
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and logical thinking skills
- Good writing skills
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS degree Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field; or 3 to 5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Work is in a fast paced office/manufacturing plant environment
- Interfacing with various manufacturing equipment and office computer equipment
- Regular communication with internal and/or external customers
- Occasional travel for meetings/training